Sunday, June 14, 2009

Whew!





On Friday we had a F1 tornado visit our little neighborhood. This is a picture of a beautiful tree that was blown down, and yes that is our new truck just a few feet away. Yikes!




The tornado knocked down some choice powers lines and left us without power for 49.5 hours (to be exact). The kids actually missed the candle light tonight at bed time.There is a lot that I could write about this whole situation. About, how humble I feel after just two days without power; how VERY soon we will have much better 72 hours kits; how thankful we all are for our safety and the safety of friends, but right now I just want to go take a hot shower.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! That's crazy. We SO need to update our 72 hour kits as well.

Mike and Wendy said...

Wow! I'm glad everyone is okay. Sorry we missed the fun (okay, not really!)
I usually update our 72 hour kit around conference. I didn't this last time because I was so busy packing that I just never thought about it. But I went through everything last night and I'm planning to update it when I go to the store later today.

Tanner said...

WOW!!! YES - I'm so glad everyone is okay!! Not too much longer and you'll be outta there!! :)