Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rob's birthday

Alright I know this is really old but I just uploaded pictures from Rob's camera and I found these from his birthday. With the help of a wonderful friend who was willing to watch all my kids plus her own three, I was able to go fishing with Rob. I haven't been fishing with Rob since last May. It wasn't a "real" trip, because the forecast called for rain and Savanna was still pretty reliant on me for nutrition so we went to a local stocked pond, called Catch 'Em Lake. You pay a flat fee for the specific lake you want to fish and you can fish all day if you so choose.

Rob caught a few but this was the only one really worth taking a picture of. He had a few smaller ones that would always kife his bait. Look how ominous the clouds appear. We only had a little mizzle, the whole time we were there.






My largest catch of the day. I thought we should get proof, that I at least caught something.






But then, I actually did catch one. I was pretty happy.


I really enjoy going fishing. It'll be fun when the kids are older and I can go for a "real" fishing trip and when they are even older and they can go with Rob. Kaelin has gone a couple times and loves it! We are waiting a little bit longer for Sean, he makes me nervous around water.

3 comments:

shauna said...

First, love your background. Second, I didn't know you could catch fireflies. I thought they would die by the morning for some weird reason. I think I am going to do that with the girls tonight for fhe.

Lisa said...

I love to eat fish but ewww, they are so gross when you catch them and clean them. I'm not such a good fisherman!

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

Those are some nice fish! Looks like fun I haven't been in a long time. I can't wait to go fishing in the river back home. I love the picture at the top of your blog page.