There was really neat "tree" outside the building. It had rotating, holographic cubes all over and the tree spun around as well. The sunlight shines off of the reflective surface and makes all of these rainbows. If you look close you can see Dan and Tiffany's head
They had a water room that the kids loved. They even had a table with baby chairs so the itty-bitty ones could play too. Savanna liked it, but her arms were too short to reach the toys. She just splashed around for a while.
Sean liked making waterfalls, to which he would yell, "I LOVE WATERFALLS!"
Rob had to take a picture of this sign. It's all about eye safety. He's convinced that an optometrist helped design this childrens' area because there were signs everywhere about eyes, eye facts, eye safety. They even had an optometrist's office.
Kaelin was running all over, this was one of the few pictures we have of her before she ran off somewhere else. This was a house that you could see the electrical wiring throughout the walls.
Savanna got to touch some different textures. She looks so enthralled, don't you think. It made music when the chains touched each other.
She also pretended to enjoy playing with some multi-colored cubes.
This slide was pretty cool; you would roll a ball down the purple slide in the middle, and race down to see who won. Apparently, Sean wasn't too quick, since you can't even see the ball anymore.
Kaelin loved when they brought out some insects, spiders, and amphibians to show and teach about.
If you look carefully, there's a full skeleton, made from wire, hanging from the ceiling.
I couldn't get away without posting something related to optometry. This was just a huge optical illusion. You stare at the spinning spiral for a while and then when you look down the hall, it appears that the walls are undulating, or wiggling, like jello or something.
This is the "Rat Basketball" court. Yup, rat basktball. The ball was made out of the rollerball from the bottom of a computer mouse, with some holes drilled in it. Whenever they scored, they received a Cheerio.
The kids waiting to watch "Rat Basketball"
Sean loved this thing. You start by tossing a ball into a big launcher(like a potato launcher). It then shoots the ball into a big funnel at the top of the wall. The ball makes it way down through tunnels, funnels, tubes and wheels. Sean stayed there for at least an hour. For some reason, the old men that were there thought it would be funny to stop Sean's ball right before it got to the finish. NOT FUNNY!!
While Sean was playing with the ball wall, Kaelin spent her whole time with a giant erector set. I was pretty surprised that this is what caught her attention.
I don't know if she ever completed the bridge or not; I think she just liked connecting the pieces.
My favorite part was her "helpers" name. Look close and you might be able to see...Sunny D. Rob still can't decide if he is Florida or California style.
I don't know what this is called, but if you have a science museum, evidently you HAVE to have one of these.
This was a chair and coffee table made out of gears and sprockets. Rob said it was actually pretty comfortable.
Kaelin in a real submarine and yes, it was a Yellow Submarine, but we don't all live in it.
I like to think this is King Triton.
Sean had fun shooting a water cannon, but who wouldn't.
This fountain looked really cool. It took forever to get this picture because kids kept sticking their fingers in the water globes. What do they think this is a Children's Museum?
Over all, I really liked this COSI, which Rob now tells me is Center of Science and Industry, even though Dan Fisher thinks it's Columbus Ohio Science & Industry. Maybe, he's just proud of where he lives. JK Dan, we love you!
1 comment:
That looks like so much fun! I'm totally the kind of person who loves going to things like that. . . I don't have kids. I've always wanted to go to the museum here in Memphis, but I can't find any random kids and I don't want to look like a predator.
Post a Comment