
Hydrangeas grow everywhere, but I found out its not polite to pick them, unless you're up in the mountains.

The family taking in the sights from high up top.

The streets "downtown" are quite narrow some times. Rob ended up buying a "bomb" car so that we don't have to worry about navigating these streets in our mini van. Oh, and this is a two way road, people park anywhere and everywhere.

There are many brightly colored houses. Most are white but then they paint really bright trims. Although a friend of ours has a ultra orange house right outside their back window. Not the view they were counting on but it'll wake you up in the morning.

Spirit houses are all over. They are little churches that are elaborating painted. The belief behind it is something like these churches house the Holy Spirit and a twice (I think) a year there is procession to bring the Holy Spirit to a deserving persons' home. They get to keep the Holy Spirit in their home for a while before it gets taken to someone else home. There are at least one in every town. I have seen about ten already and I know there are A LOT more.
3 comments:
Beautiful!! What a fun place to explore for the next few years!
I bet Kaelin loves the brightly colored houses!
We are definitely going to have to figure out a way to get out to visit you guys this next year...great house and beautiful place to raise the kids for a few years.
Love you guys!
Our Crazy Clan
Post a Comment