Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lagoa Das Patas - Duck Lake

Up in the mountains, up this windy, wooden road you find...


Duck Lake, in the picture its called Lagoa de Falca (Falcon) , but all the locals call it Lagoa Das Patas (Ducks)



The kids running excitedly to go see it. It was a pretty busy Saturday.




There are picnic tables and grills for picnics, which we will be doing another time.



Here's a picture of a few of the residents at the lake.






This is basically the whole lake, but it is so pretty. The pictures really don't do it justice, but i don't have time to enhance them right now.




Savanna loved the ducks




Sean loved some random cave. I think its there for the ducks?



They also have super cute rock tables.



Cute little river bed. And truthfully this is so much greener than it looks in these pictures

Savanna loved the hydrangeas (which are everywhere). I love how her flower is blurred because she was spinning it.




Kaelin wanted to act like a bride. That is one bunch of the hydrangeas, not only are they everywhere but they usually are pretty big too.




Kaelin tried to get a picture of me and Vanna. She was cute, she kept saying how there was "a doggy in the camera, Woof, Woof!" That's what our photographer kept saying during our photo shoot in Utah. Which turned out great! If your interested, its Images by Jami .




The kids were so done with pictures. I tried to make this picture work so bad and it never did. This one just shows their frustration and I still tried a couple more times after this.



Kaelin was able to snap a picture of me and Rob



I'm not sure what she was doing here but its cute, I like how her face is glowing because of the sun coming through the trees.



Hopping off of the tree stumps before we leave

2 comments:

Dan said...

So, so fun! I think every day is a vacation for you guys. I'm not sure if that's fair or not.

Megan said...

What a beautiful place. If the pictures don't do it justice, I can't imagine what it looks like because they are beautiful.