Here are a few pictures of a beautiful island, in the Azores Islands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, off of Portugal.

Here is a picture of a street downtown. Besides quaint villages, there are also, caves, hiking tours, vineyards, and lots of interesting history.

Here is a lovely view of the island scenery. Local weather is very mild, with winter lows in the 50's and summer highs in the 80's.

And last, but certainly not least, here is a picture of the Lajes Field, Air Force Base. I show you these pictures because this is where we will be stationed for at least two years!!!!! We got a surprising offer and after some investigation, we accepted. Surprise!!!
17 comments:
Wow, that looks awesome. I wish I could live there.
This is sooooooo AWESOME. I hope we can come visit.
that is seriously a surprise! It is stunningly beautiful and looks like such an awesome place. CRAZY! I don't even know what to type. congratulations!
Definitely better than South Dakota!!!!
Maybe we can invite ourselves for a visit!
thats so awesome! it must be a relief to finally know where you are going! we wish you well and if we ever come by your side of the world, well be sure and stop by! =)
I am so jealous! That sounds like such an amazing adventure! It looks so beautiful! Good luck with everything!
I'm gonna say what everybody else is saying by saying that's AWESOME! I would love to live abroad and even told JJ he should apply to the optometry school in Puerto Rico (not exactly abroad, but as close as you can get for that kind of thing). Way to be adventurous!
WOW! Surprise it is! That will be a fun adventure for sure!
I guess if you can't come to Ohio, that is a close second. Yipee! Now we will have to come visit you.
That's fantastic. That will be fun to see what kinds of things you can do there! I was hoping for rapid city...but, maybe next time! Best wishes in the coming months!
YAY!! CONGRATS!!
Lucky! (In a napoleon voice)
Wow that is awesome! Huge congratulations to you guys! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about your adventures there. Perfect weather -- it looks like heaven. Thanks for sharing.
Caryn (Bingham) Williams
Congrats! That's so exciting. You're making us think about doing an over-seas. Those photos are very enticing! So are you planning on picking up Portuguese? (I'm assuming that's the language of the island?) The weather sounds wonderful. Do they ever have bad tornadoes, tsunamis? Maybe we should just chat on the phone - instead of a billion on-blog questions. Sorry. :)
Wow, congratulations! That looks like it will be one fun adventure! :)
Absolutely beautiful. When do you guys plan on going.
It looks amazing! You are going to have such a fun adventure and what a great experience for your kids
Post a Comment