Monday, March 1, 2010

She's SIX!!!

Alright, so I'm still kind of running around hectically. Since we found out where we are moving to we have been scrambling to get everyone to the appropriate doctors and dentists so that we could get medical approved for leave. With the help of The Incredible Brandi (that should be her magician name) we got FIVE "new patient" appointments within TWO days. I don't care who you are that is impressive! She like Hypnos. (greek god with a hypnotic voice, sorry I've been reading the Percy Jackson series so I have gods on the brain) Anyway, so besides running back and forth to different doctor appointments, to and from different schools and babysitters, I also had to run and get different paperwork filled out and signed. It was pretty stressful. In between all of that I had two birthdays to plan. One was a friend party, and the other was just family for cake and ice cream. I should have just bought a cake and saved me some stress but how could I turn down my Kaelin.

Her spider-man decorations. Spider-man streamer, balloons, cups, plates, table cloth,banner, EVERYTHING! Rob went all out for his big girl.




After I decorated the cupcakes, I realized that I had used gel food coloring and not gel icing. Oops! It made for some colorful mouths, teeth and tongues.




Spider-man made a special visit and all the kids got their own picture with him to take home in their goody bags. Kaelin kept whispering to him "Take off your mask" and when our neighbor finally did she said I knew it was Matthew because I invited him!




The kids got to decorate their own masks. They had plenty of material to do so. Almost all of the material was a Christmas present to Kaelin from our other neighbor Grandma Bev.




And of course their favorite activity of the whole party was just running around in a circle.






Here is a picture of her birthday dress that she picked out. This might be a new tradition. It was a couple sizes too big so I did my best with the sewing machine and adjusted the straps. Then, of course she wanted to do a silly pose. Nice!







Her Spider-Man cake. And yes, Spider-Man is massive compared to the city of ONE building.
Usually I do a whole lot more mental planning for a cake but this time I made the little "building" cake very last minute. And was standing above the cooled cakes trying to plan the layout. By the way, those red "bushes" by the door of the building I added at the very end because Kaelin wanted red sprinkles somehow incorporated into the cake, she also wanted poop in the grass somewhere but that one I turned her down on.
I used the rainbow cake technique again this year but only used red and blue. But, since it was yellow cake it ended up being turquoise and coral, not so Spider-Manesque. Here's the link for the rainbow cake for anyone interested (Jenn-Lee) CAKE .


Well, that party is finished and I don't have to worry anything else but cleaning, at least until something else comes up.


P.S. Kaelin wants pictures of all her presents to be posted on her blog, so if you area interested in seeing that, her photo on the right is a link to her blog.

2 comments:

Dan said...

So Fun!!! I love it! You went all out (especially with the red bushes). Every time I read about something fun you guys did on your blog I wish we were there. If those little islands weren't so dang beautiful I'd be really mad that you are putting an ocean between us.

Lisa said...

I lilke Brandi face in the background while Kaelin is doing her silly pose. She's like "yep, that's my niece." Happy birthday Kaelin!!! I can't believe you have a six year old!!