Alright I'm totally bragging but, I sewed something!!!
Every once in a while I get the sewing bug. For Kaelin's fourth birthday I decided to sew a princess skirt for the girls and capes for the boys. That was over a year ago. They turned out just fine, but I have a problem. I don't like to measure, pre-wash, iron or pin when I sew. Those things are VERY important (so I'm told). Well, I saw this project on a great blog Scatter Sunshine and really wanted to do it. I went and bought fabric and started almost right away. I promised that I would iron and pin, and all that jazz, and I did. Anyway, there were a few flubs and mistakes. I also gave up on measuring at the end and the spaces are not equal but it done and it's cute! Now, I want to sew more things. Next, I NEED to sew a nursing cover for my sister and then I want to try an apron. I don't know why those projects intimidate me more that this one, but they do. So, please give me some motivation.
Every once in a while I get the sewing bug. For Kaelin's fourth birthday I decided to sew a princess skirt for the girls and capes for the boys. That was over a year ago. They turned out just fine, but I have a problem. I don't like to measure, pre-wash, iron or pin when I sew. Those things are VERY important (so I'm told). Well, I saw this project on a great blog Scatter Sunshine and really wanted to do it. I went and bought fabric and started almost right away. I promised that I would iron and pin, and all that jazz, and I did. Anyway, there were a few flubs and mistakes. I also gave up on measuring at the end and the spaces are not equal but it done and it's cute! Now, I want to sew more things. Next, I NEED to sew a nursing cover for my sister and then I want to try an apron. I don't know why those projects intimidate me more that this one, but they do. So, please give me some motivation.
8 comments:
well I have got to say I am impressed! That doesn't look like an easy sewing job, so props to you. Do you have a pattern for a nursing cover? If so, I would LOVE to find out where you got it so I can make one too! :) Thanks!
Oh and if you want a REALLY EASY apron pattern, let me know! I'll send you pictures of a couple I made, and they are really easy!
I saw one of your kids with those and thought they were a super good idea. I didn't know you made them. I also have an apron pattern if you need one. That would give you motivation to get it done, because I would need it back before we both move.
I'm a little intimidated by patterns.
I have been wanting to make those too! They turned out great! I am so proud of you to jump in and do it! For the longest time I had been a fake sewer. I had the machine. Collected patterns and ideas and fabric but would get so intimidated and never start. This past spring I started sewing more and I am hooked. The more I sew the more it cliques with me. Keep braggin' girl! Can't wait to see more pics.
ps. I posted a link to a fun tutorial site today on my blog you might like.
I love the crayon holder. That would be great for church. Let me know where you found the pattern so I can make some for my kids.
Just keep sewing and it will get easier. For me, it is the cutting out everything that I don't like. Once that is done, which by the way takes me forever because I go in spurts, everything else goes well.
Oh I love em!! Make me one!!
SOOOO cute Tina!!! Way to go!!! I love it! I'm very impressed! :) I need to make one or two for my kiddos! We miss you guys!
Those turned out so cute! I don't have the patience to even attempt any sewing of any kind!
Post a Comment