Sean's favorite part were these huge dinosaurs. They had one that was carved from rock and a few others that were a soft foam.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
The Rock Show
Rob's Mom invited the kids and I to go to a local Rock and Gem Show. I was pretty sure the kids would love it, because this is what they do whenever they play outside or whenever they see rocks, they COLLECT them. Not special rocks or rare one, just all rocks!
This is one corner of the booths. It was so insanely busy, I didn't pull the camera out for a while. One of my favorite booths had a bunch of different fossils. Fish, starfish, crabs, trilobites, and shells. I thought I got a picture of one but it seems I didn't. Just know, that it was pretty cool.
Most of the booths were tables with things you could pick up and touch, but they also had some exhibits just to look at. This one had some very impressive eggs.
This one I thought was pretty cool. If you look close you can see how they make a sphere. Maybe, it seems obvious to some but I still thought it was interesting.
For those history buffs. They also had some Indian knifes that were carved from stone.
Sean and Kaelin really like the mini model railroad. That's Kae's head right there and you can see how much little Vanna cared. Is she staring at the floor? She was just happy to be out of the stroller for a while.
This table was Kaelin's favorite! I wonder why?

Sean's favorite part were these huge dinosaurs. They had one that was carved from rock and a few others that were a soft foam.
We actually got a picture with both Kaelin and Sean looking, but if you notice Kaelin is helping out a little bit.
This is Savanna telling me that she wants to get her picture taken also.
Grandma helped her out and moved her a bit closer, I think she really just wanted out of the stroller.
Later the kids got to meet a different dino. And if you're wondering how these dinosaurs are moving around...
It's a giant puppet. Pretty cool. He's also got some baby dinosaurs strapped to his legs.
Near the end the kids got to play a spin the wheel game. Sean really wanted a rock with a little plastic dinosaur glued to it, and was pretty disappointed that he didn't get it.
But I was able to convince him that the rock necklace he DID get was actually a "dragon egg"
All in all it was a good day! Thanks Grandma!
Sean's favorite part were these huge dinosaurs. They had one that was carved from rock and a few others that were a soft foam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very Fun! That dino puppet was sweet.
I wish it was May so you could be here already! I'm pumped!!
I wish I had gone. Looks fun. I didn't know about it until it was too late.
Post a Comment