Friday, December 18, 2009

Learning to read

I wanted to make a gingerbread house as a Christmas family tradition. Since we are low on money and time, I just bought a store-made kitIt really looked simple enough. Kaelin kept complaining that the smell of the gingerbread was going to make her sneeze. Savanna, of course was eating just about everything. She would reach over to put a candy on the house and then very quickly change directions and the candy would end up in her mouth. Sean and Kaelin did very well with the decorating. All went quite smoothly.




This is a picture of an almost finished gingerbread house.




But slowly the roof started to slide. I had followed the directions, of holding it together for one minute and then frosting the top and hold for an additional 15 seconds, before decorating.
But it still feel apart. I was feeling a little bumbed, and cheated.
Until, Rob made me reread the instructions.





Apparently, as I help Kaelin with her reading skills, I need to work on mine.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

LOL!! Hey, it look good for a second right?!

Megan said...

Thanks for the heads up! We are going to make one of those on Sunday...I'll post pics and we'll see if it holds up any better than yoursbut that's doubtful. Love the tradition though and it's those silly incidents that everyone remembers. "Hey mom, remember when we made that gingerbread house and the roof fell off? That was great." You just wait and see.

Dan said...

Tina, you are making me crack up tonight. I miss you so much...but I also miss you wandering into a room and forgetting why you are there. Now I can adddifficulty reading to the list. One day we will live close (hurry and move already)and we can better enjoy eachother's moments. I love you tons!