Monday, December 7, 2009
New best friend
I think Sean has been affected the most by our move. Recently, I realized how much. He started off potty training really well and has now regressed. He used to sleep through the night and now he routinely comes into our room in the middle of the night. He used to have no problem with a dark room at night time and now needs a night light and the door slightly ajar. I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that I'm starting to connect with the move. I think he has realized that we're not going back. This isn't just another vacation. He has attached himself to this "brown shirt" also. He wears it everyday, and then pairs it with pj bottoms at night. If you see him wearing a different shirt, his brown shirt is usually hiding underneath. I try to wash it at least once a week and more if it's visibly dirty. It might be gross to some, but he's three, its not like he has B.O. or something. I don't mind too much, because I think he's having a tough time, he should have something permanent and familiar. I just hope he out grows his attachment before he outgrows the shirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Poor sean. Jayden has been crying more because she doesn't want to move and lose all of her friends again. I told her that we are not moving over the mountains like you guys did but she still doesn't believe me or understand. It's hard on kids. Who cares if sean wears that shirt over and over? Heck I'll sometimes go 4 days without taking a shower (not my choice) and I DO get BO by then! haha We miss you guys SO MUCH!
I am seeing the same thing in Tessa too! Like the light. She use to have NOT have problems with a black room now she has to have the light on! i mean NO night light not even just a cracked door.. The light has to be ON. how do you put a kid to bed with the lights completely on.. if i shut if off in the night she use to get in bed with me.. its actually getting better.. i traded the light for a lamp which is still bright but not as bad.. also she gets set off really easy. she goes into a crying mess about things in storage .."her bed" her princess chair things in storage.. her room. I had no idea she would even remember any of it this long! i dont know what i am going to do when i get to Memphis in a few weeks and she remembers!
Maybe if you let him look at pictures at his long lost love (Kaili) he will feel better. Just print life-size pix of her and tape them all over the walls. That should clear him right up...or he could always call her :)
Oh my gosh, your kids are getting so big. I don't look at blogs often so a lot changes by the time I check things out. The new addition had me thinking you were pregnant again:)Will you send me your address so I can send you a Christmas card? My email is joshnamber2000@hotmail.com
Merry Christmas! Miss you all,
The Davis family
Oh poor little Sean! I feel bad we haven't even gotten together with you guys yet! Let's for sure a plan a time after the holidays! Where are you guys at exactly?
Post a Comment