Thursday, January 8, 2009

Chicken and Curls

Chicken

Kaelin loves to cook. When Ratatouille came out, it also came with a DVD with different cooking shows, involving either the movie and/or kids. Her favorite one is a Rachel Rey episode. She has a young boy named, Beechum, help her cook "chicken toes". Chicken toes because they are smaller than chicken fingers. Anyway, she loves making them and we all love eating them.


The assembly line of flour, eggs, and special Beechum coating.




Father/daughter chefs posing for a photo op.





Curls



Kaelin also loves curly hair. She's always asking me to make it curly and it never lasts. Sometimes we go to the mall and get ringlets done by the "straight iron kiosk". I tell them if the curls last I'll buy the iron. I've never bought one. Sometimes I beat a couple egg whites to make my own curls more defined and last longer, so I thought I'd try it on Kaelin, with some sponge rollers.


I know its sideways but I forgot to rotate and I'm too lazy to do it all over again.




This is right after she saw the curls. She was pretty excited that it worked.


I had to separate the curls to cover up scalp spots. In the end it was very Shirley Temple-ish



Really striking a pose! We will definitely be doing this again!

6 comments:

shauna said...

Her hair looks really cute in the picture with rob. Was it curled for that one, too?

Dan said...

Dan loved it - he wants to know when she turns 18. What can I say, he's a cradle robber. Seriously, she looks really cute!

mistyp said...

How cute! Her hair takes the curl very well!

Shannon said...

So cute! I especially love the last picture. ;)

The Carlsens said...

So is getting so grown up! Can you believe it?

Unknown said...

Thanks for your fun comment ! Cute story. Girls are so funny at that young age. Full of surprises! I love the curls! I tried that with AM and they were just the same. Still, its always cute no matter what because we just love em! Have a great Sat. and Holy Sabbath!