This is why it was so much fun. There is a platform that looks out of the largest city, Angra, but as soon as you step to the edge it was like a wind tunnel. Check it out.
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Swimming in the clouds
We wanted to go for a drive up to Serra do Cume which is the top of a mountain that overlooks the city Praia on one side and on the other side overlooks Angra. We we pretty excited until we got closer and saw a cloud engulfing the whole tip. We decided to drive up any way and ended up having an awesome time swimming in the clouds. The pictures might be out of order but there are a lot so I'll just try to caption them to make sense of it all.
This is the road going up. It was such a pretty drive.
You can't even see the top. This was after we had already come down. We thought at the worst it would just be a rainy drive.
This was also on the way down. It took it because ten feet up the road you couldn't see a thing and then right here you can see the bottom of the cloud, right where it clears up.
This was the most visibility we had while up there. Kind of scary with the tight corners, narrow roads and oncoming traffic, but obviously there wasn't a lot of traffic. I'm so glad we decided to drive up anyway. You'll see why.
After our swim in the clouds our hair was quite wet. It sort of felt like I stepped out of the shower, but different. It wasn't raining at all, not even a mist so you didn't realize how wet you were getting until you were out of the cloud.
Sean's cloud styled hair.
Kaelin and my own hair was both pulled back. Kaelin's was actually pulled back quite tightly. Swimming can do that, I guess.
Savanna's just got better as it started to dry out. She had curls all around her face and ears. It was crazy finger in socket kind of hair.
This is why it was so much fun. There is a platform that looks out of the largest city, Angra, but as soon as you step to the edge it was like a wind tunnel. Check it out.
She not flashing, the wind just kept blowing her shirt up.
Just being silly ended up being one of my favorite pictures
Sean was too scared to go out on the platform so we all did some flying together.
I could barely hold on to my shirt it was that windy.
At first Kaelin was nervous too. So Rob would run down and back with her.
On a clear day you could see over the whole valley but this day all you could see was a few feet in front of you.
Savanna was fine until she went to the end and then she didn't like it too much. She would stay on the platform but not to the end.
Not even close to the edge but she like it so I'm happy
I think it would have to be a tie between me and Kaelin as to who had the most fun.
Part of the valley just at the bottom on the mountain.
This is why it was so much fun. There is a platform that looks out of the largest city, Angra, but as soon as you step to the edge it was like a wind tunnel. Check it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Great blog- I love the fam picture on top!! We love Serra Cume too- and the top of Santa Barbara (highest point on the island) is usually like swimming in the clouds too.
That is absolutely awesome! Your kids will never forget that!
That is the coolest thing ever. I love how giddy you were...I miss you!
This post makes me so happy! I think that Tiff is right! It's because you are so giddy! I wish I was as brave and adventurous as you. Miss you!
Looks like a ton of fun!! PS-I love your new family pic at the top of your blog. So cute!
Hey Tina! Wow -- I love that you all are living in Portugal!! That is so amazing - an experience you'll never forget!! I love the pics! Your little savanna is adorable -- getting so big, and I love the blonde, blonde hair! :)
WOW!!! That looks like so much fun! Thanks for posting so many pics and the two videos. I loved this. I showed my oldest and she loves it too. I then looked up on a map where you are and I never realized how far out in the ocean you are. Holy Cow! So happy you guys are having fun. :) hugs!
Post a Comment