We had a family birthday party on Savanna's actual birthday, but there was also a big bull fight that same day so we planned her big party for today. She was pretty happy about it, two cakes, two days of presents. She's going to expect a week long birthday from now on.

She was supposed to be sitting pretty for her 2 year old picture, but she was being such a ham!


I wanted to have Rob take my picture making her cake. There might be a separate post about Moms being in more pictures. It might have been Sugardoodle or something like it that did a post about Moms being "there". So I'm am trying to get more pictures of me as proof that I was there. So this is my proof that I make their cakes.

Savanna wanted a "neigh neigh" on her cake. I had an idea for her party cake, but for her family cake, I ended up just winging it. I was pretty happy with it. If you look in the one before you can see my fancy cake decorating tools. A plastic knife and a tooth pick. I try not to boast or brag about too many things but I was really happy how this horse turned out.

She did really well blowing out her candles. No burns and did it by herself so I call it a success. And Sean didn't hammer the cake either.

This was my idea I found online. I had to make fondant (first time) and then outline the pony with Royal Icing and flood the outline. It was a mess but overall pretty easy. I'm so excited to try again, now that I know its just like working with "edible Playdoh", as an online blogger called it. Its not too smooth and I had to cover a hole with a big sun but hey it was my first time.

Our little family picture. It was not cold today but Sean wanted to wear long sleeves and pants and Vanna wanted "Twinkle twinkle little star" shirt and comfy pants. Does it seems like we are all tan? I've noticed it in my kids but looking at this picture I look just as tan as they do.

Very intently listening to her birthday cards being read.

Hugging her new Terceira bull backpack. All the toy bulls (salt and pepper shakers, shirts, toys etc) just look like black and white cows with big horns. I have yet to see a real black and white bull. Anyway, she loved it and is now sleeping with it.
Thanks to everyone for the gifts and birthday wishes.
2 comments:
You are so funny. I love both the cakes and you should brag a little. And that's pretty impressive to do the fond-thing (I don't even know how to say it or spell it). Why did everyone get her bulls? Does she like bulls or is it just because there was a bull race going on that day?
Shauna, she only got the one bull, I was just commenting on the "mascot" for this island is a bull but its always a cow-ish bull.
Post a Comment