Wednesday, October 7, 2009

test run

Ever since Kaelin was a little girl she has LOVED dogs. She even had a dog birthday party for her second birthday. Which included dog invitations, dog cake, dog bed clothes for her new big girl bed and plenty of dog themed clothes. We had to compromise with her about getting a real dog. The deal was that we had to wait until we had enough money. BUT, as soon as she found any kind of coin she would race to us and ask if we could buy a dog. We therefore changed the deal to, 1. Enough money 2. Daddy graduates. We thought we were in the clear, until we went to Daddy's graduation from the U, where she promptly reminded us of our deal, but how do you explain to a 2 1/2 year old that Daddy still has more school and she needs to wait for a different graduation. We tried explaining anyway, and then we added another requirement. 1. Enough money 2. Daddy graduates from Optometry school. 3. We have a fence. We thought we were in the clear, until we bought a baby gate to keep Sean out of the kitchen. Baby gate=fence=dog. Luckily, Kaelin was now old enough to understand better after we explained the requirements a little further and the reasons we had them.
Anyway, for the next couple months we are living with my sister and her two Boxers. I tell the kids that this is a test to see how well they can help with dogs and be nice to them. Kaelin of course wants to walk, feed, hug, play, and sleep with these dogs. Sean needed a couple days to warm up to them. I worried that Savanna would get knocked over, startled, or more realistically, try pinching the dogs. Savanna probably loves the dogs just as much as Kaelin would have at her age.







if you look REALLY close Kaelin is in the cage too!

5 comments:

Dan said...

I love how Sean is in the cage with the door closed. I need one of those for Kaili!

Shannon said...

Wholly cow, the kiddos have gotten BIG! (LOVE the picture up top.) Glad you guys made it safely to Utah. :) I bet Kaelin is just loving school--she looks so grown-up with her little backpack and all! Hope you guys are doing well...and good luck with that dog situation. ;)

Mike and Wendy said...

I can't believe how big Savanna is!
You know, you guys may have come up with a great solution here. It appears the kids love the dog cages! Maybe I need to get one for Malia!

The Carlsens said...

hey i need your email address. i have the pictures from yesterday i wanted to email you.

Lisa said...

OMG! That last picture is hilarous!!! I love it!!