Monday, July 20, 2009

Worst feeling ever

Alright, so I started losing my voice last Wednesday. Then I completely lost it Friday (problem might have been exacerbated by a Collective Soul concert, but you can't prove anything!) Voice MIA all of Saturday and Sunday. Partially comes back on Sunday night but that's when I start feeling horrid. Weak, chest cough, slight fever, congestion and runny nose. Then, Sunday comes around again and I can barely move. Called for a substitute to teach our girls in church (Thank You!) and I literally did not get out of bed all day. Most of the time going in and out of, what felt like, consciousness. It hurt to walk or even move. My muscles and joints were so sore. I had no appetite, made myself eat some food and drink some water, because I believe myself to have a little common sense. Slept just about all day then slept all night. This morning I woke up feeling 146% better. I am still sick but nothing compared to yesterday. I changed the sheets on all the beds, so we don't get sick again. Made the kids pancakes for breakfast and even took them to the zoo. Yesterday was so bad, but I would do it again if I could prevent this from happening. If only I had seen the signs earlier and took them seriously, I would have never went to the zoo. Give me the flu or whatever this bug is anytime, but spare my children.






During our trip to the zoo she kept saying that her legs hurt and she didn't want to walk. She stayed on the stroller. She even asked to skip some of the animals in order to shorten our tour. She asked if she could fall asleep in the car on the way home. Slept some more on the couch, barely touched her lunch and then fell asleep on the floor. I suggested she go lie on my bed. She accepted the offer with barely a word. I coerced her to chew up some Tylenol for her fever, at which time I really don't think she was lucid. She slept all the way until bed time, when Rob carried her to her bed and promptly fell back to sleep. Breaks my heart to see any of my kids sick, especially when they are this sick, with no energy at all. Just helpless.This just brought back so many feeling of helplessness. Kaelin had a surgery right around the age of two. Seeing her so sick and not being able to do or say anything during that time was the worst feeling ever. Seeing her so lethargic again just brought that all back again. She has been sick with colds before but nothing that has knocked her out this completely. I'm glad I went through it the day before so that I at least know that tomorrow she will be better, I hope and pray.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

That is the worst feeling ever!! I hope you all get to feeling better!

Dan said...

Yuck! I hope everyone else stays healthy. Tell K to feel better soon!

Kendall, Starla, Conner, Aleck, and Jared said...

That is the worst! Conner just got better and Aleck and I are on the mend. Now Kendall is the one who is knocked out! I don't know what this bug is but it is a horrible one. I hope she gets feeling better really soon and I am glad that you are better. Let me know if there is anything we can do for you!