Thursday, July 16, 2009

A sick mom is not healthy for my kids

So I have been sick for that last couple days. First I lost my voice BIG time, then as I started to get my voice back then I get the sore throat, cough, congestion, the whole shebang. On my worst day I just laid in my bed while the kids played around the house for a while. I finally decide that this is no way to be so I get up and get in the shower. When I get out I hear Sean crying and Kaelin running into me saying that Sean needs my help because he's standing on a "water container". I have no idea what she's talking about so I go to find out. I walk out of the bedroom and see this.....














Apparently Sean got hungry and some how climbed onto the water heater, which is in our pantry/snack closet (Yes, that is how small our apartment is) and couldn't get down. Also, yes I did make him stay put while I went to get the camera. I needed this picture to remind me that I really can't just lay in bed all morning. Notice how he is still in his jammas? I still don't know how he got up there.

2 comments:

Micaela said...

Tina, Tina, Tina, Don't you know that you put the snacks on the table or lower shelves if you are planning on letting the kids take care of themselves??? Call me, and I'll teach you the ins and outs of being a neglegent parent. Hope you are feeling better, this thing that's going around has been really nasty.

Madeleine said...

Well at least you know that if they get hungry they will find a way to feed themselves. And sometimes moms just have to stay in bed to get better.