Wednesday, February 4, 2009

新年快樂

I know it's late but, Happy Chinese New Year!
Ever since Rob and I have been married we celebrate Chinese New Year! It usually includes a lot of food and a movie, (Chinese movie of course!). This year we did have the food, but with kids that had to make bed times and friends with kids that had to make bed times the movie was not included, although it was missed. Here are just a few pictures from the night's festivities.




We had Melon soy milk, chop sticks, and a large bottle of soy sauce.


When we move we seriously need to stock up on extra seating. We really enjoy having company over and we never seem to have enough chairs. Sorry Kyla! I have a hard time only inviting one family at a time. Rob is the one who has to talk me down to just a few. This night I was planning on at least seven families. Where I planned for everyone to eat?....I really don't know, but it would've been fun in my eyes!


Rob showing off some chop stick skills.


Some boc choy concoction and tasty beef and broccoli.


Pot stickers, Asian chicken salad, fried rice, Kung Pao Chicken, and some white rice. Kaelin specifically asked for fortune cookies, which really aren't Chinese so, Rob hunted them down at a local grocery store. She was a self-appointed vendor of fortunes, which she promptly kept for herself. The next day she kept bringing me paper so that I could write her more fortunes for her collection. My favorite one..."Chinese words".



1 comment:

Dan said...

I'm so jealous! I wish we could have been there...Chinese sounds good right now.