Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Feliz Natal

First of all, I didn't know that aloe plants had such prominent flowers. Its started with the snake-like protrusions and then all of a sudden they started opening into these flowers. I haven't noticed any scent, but birds and bees love them. After some of the storms we've had you can see red buds all over the grass/roads. We have had quite a few storms. Our storms consist of rain and LOTS of wind. Some wind reaching 50 MPH and higher. Pretty constant too. It's bad enough that you have to hold onto your car doors, because the wind will rip it from your grip and either damage a nearby car or break your door's hinges. Yesterday, I couldn't climb into the car because I had to hold the door with both hands and brace myself with my feet. I'm short enough that I have to climb into the van but I couldn't let me feet leave the asphalt. After a few minutes there was a pause slow enough that I could hop in and hold the door with just one hand.

Anyway, the aloe was Christmas type colors so it counts.



Here's a message from the American kids that attend the Portuguese preschool.

1 comment:

shauna said...

my guess is that it was an old outhouse.